Wednesday 27 February 2019

WHO FEELS YOUR PRESENCE? (PT 1)

Have you ever needed someone's presence before? Someone who would make you feel their presence by merely breathing or snoring when they sleep?
Do you know that unmistakable comfort you feel knowing someone is present in your life? Someone who may not be there with you physically but you still feel their presence on your skin anyway?
Can you remember how you felt when you sat alone thinking and wishing someone would call to check on you?
Do you know the meaning of depression? Can you tell if and when your loved one is depressed? What do you do to help?
Can you comfortably say you are present in someone's life? Anyone?
Is your response to “daddy can you help me with my homework?”, “Go and meet your mother”?
Is your response to “Chukwuemeka, you have not called me in 3 days, I hope you are okay?, “Mum I’ve been busy”?
How about your response to “Honey can you rub my back please, this pregnancy is really giving me back ache”. Is it “I’ve got to go, Chelsea is playing tonight”?
Are you on your phone 24/7 ignoring/neglecting your mum, dad, children, child, wife/husband, dog, cat, your life and your future?
Do you chat on your mobile phone when the sermon is going on in church or mosque?
When was the last time you hugged someone?
Is your response to “Susan please can you heat water for me to bath?”, “what is wrong with your hands?”.
Are you present enough for someone to approach you for advice?
How do you feel when you are asked “mummy why are you and daddy always fighting?”
Do you feel disturbed when you hear “Please can you take me to the hospital?”
Do you say “Madam, you can take my sit?”
Have you ever wondered why you don’t have friends?
Who calls you when they are in distress?
They need yam, garri and rice but have you wondered if they need to hold your hand?
They need DSTV, bicycle and video games but do you sit to play, watch or ride with them?
In the rain, do you stop to ask “where are you headed?”
Has someone ever told you “James, good job”?
TO BE CONTINUED ...
Ogechukwu Ikwueme
(Nwanne unu Nwanyi)

No comments:

Post a Comment