Wednesday 27 February 2019

WHERE CAN I GET A PHONE FOR #350

My mum is 64 and since she started using GSM, she has lost or damaged 21 mobile phones.
I am tired.
I can't remember how many my brothers and I have purchased. They are just too many to remember.
I am tired.
I think my mum loses her phone three times or more in a year and because she is far from all her children, we replace the phone almost immediately she loses it so we can keep in touch.
I am tired.
She lost the very first phone to bag snatchers, the second she damaged by inadvertently dropping it inside coal pot and setting it on fire along with coal, the third she lost in the market.
I am tired.
The fourth was ran over by a car after it fell from her purse while she was crossing the road, the fifth she lost in the rain, she couldn't remember what happened to the the 6th phone, the 7th fell instead grinding machine, the 8th phone was lost where she was charging it because she did not have power.
I am tired.
For the 9th phone, she wanted one that could "sing" and we obliged her but she threw it into a pot of ogbono soup. The 10th phone was lost when she went for umuada meeting, she lost the battery of the 11th phone.
I am tired.
After that we decided to buy her a phone below #5,000 whether she liked it or not. How could she have used 4 phones in a year while every other family member has used just one?
I am tired.
She apologizes profusely anytime she loses a phone and promises not to lose the next one. For where?, she knocked the 12th phone into the pancake mixture she was making and she asked us not to buy any other phone for her. She said she would save money from her petty business to buy one. After waiting for a month and we didn't hear from her, my brother bought her a phone which she collected remorsefully. That one lasted for only 2 months and she refused to call any of us to say so, but she couldn't hide it for long because we call her everyday.
I am tired.
We ignored her for few weeks but I couldn't spend so long a time without knowing if she is OK. My younger one traveled to see her and bought her a Techno phone which had camera and could "sing" as the 13th phone. Pls just know she lost that too.
I am tired.
We bought the 14th to 20th phones for #2,500 each, she lost/damaged all.
I am tired ooo.
Her 21st phone has been switched off for over 2 weeks now. I became worried because even if she has lost or damaged her phone, she would use Uka, my cousin's phone to break the news as usual but I didn't hear from her. I reached my male cousin and he confirmed my mum was OK. I knew she had lost or damaged the phone and I didn't bother to call Uka.
I am really tired.
She finally called with Uka's phone and said she didn't want to bother me and she was making moves to repair the 21st phone which the repairer said would cost #1,500, that is a phone of #2,500 ooo. I told her not to bother with the repair since it would be better to buy a new one and we were not sure the repairer would do a good job. I sent money for the 22nd phone.
I am tired.
Since my mum is prone to losing or damaging phones, I want to buy her 4 dozens of phone at #350 each so she can keep under her bed for immediate replacement because
I am tired.
The problem I'm having now is where to get phone of #350 that can "sing". I can't spend more than #350 on her phone again. Haba!
Umunnem na Umunnam, please I need help!
Ogechukwu Ikwueme
Nwanne unu Nwanyi

No comments:

Post a Comment